The Montgomery Women Mentorship Program reflects a commitment to the professional advancement of our members. Both mentees and mentors benefit by connecting to share their experiences and give counsel where appropriate.* These relationships are powerful for both the mentor and mentee, each of whom develop and grow through their relationship.
The need for connection heightened as a result of pandemic shutdowns, beginning in 2020. Mentorships offer a means for members to work together, more intimately than monthly programs allow, to achieve professional and personal goals. A voluntary program, membership matching is done by a volunteer Montgomery Women mentorship committee representing multiple sectors and experience levels.
*An understanding that mentors are presenting their own opinions and advice based on individual experiences, and do not reflect the views of Montgomery Women.
- Professional leadership experience in specific mentorship areas
- A six-month commitment to mentor, renewal for one year by mutual consent
- A commitment to communicate with mentee at least once a month
- Willingness to provide educational and career guidance and feedback as needed
- The ability and commitment to communicate with your mentor at least once per month
- Have an idea of what guidance you seek, such as applying for jobs, choosing a career path, or any topic that will put you on a path to success
- Maintain a professional, considerate, and honest connection with your mentor
We will present an orientation session (online) where we review expectations for program participation and communications prior to the official program start in mid-October.